Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

Im in the process of becoming a US citizen can i go back to my home country Mexico in airplane?

Asked on 4/08/10, 11:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alice Yardum-Hunter Alice M. Yardum-Hunter, a Law Corp.

Applicants for naturalization to US citizenship may travel while their applications are pending, presuming of course that they are permanent residents and are admissible. Assuming there aren't any issues otherwise, travel doesn't pose problems in and of itself. Under those circumstances, travel is completely fine. On the other hand, if you are inadmissible, then travel could result in removal from the U.S. or prevention from returning.

The above is general information. It is not legal advice and doesn't form an attorney client relationship. For further information, contact me at [email protected] or 818 609 1953.


Alice Yardum-Hunter, Attorney, Certified Specialist, Immigration & Nationality Law

State Bar of CA, Bd. of Legal Specialization

Read more
Answered on 4/13/10, 11:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California