Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

I have insurance for my appliances three company this company is who I call when something breaks down. The insurance company for the appliances then subcontracts out a service technician that comes out and services whichever appliance that is broken. Which is not necessarily the same service technician from the same company every time. This insurance which I have also covers my HVAC system (AC unit) I have been having trouble with my air conditioning unit for some time now off and on. I haven't had several different service technicians from different companies come out and service the unit. This last time that a service technician has came out for my air conditioning unit. He told me that the person that service the unit prior to him had wired it wrong causing my compressor to malfunction and go bad. And now I need to have a new compressor put in which will cost me $1,500 that I have to pay the city to get a permit to install it. My insurance company will cover the unit but not the installation permit from City. I don't think I should have to pay that money since the technician that came prior to this last one was the one responsible for damaging my unit by wiring it wrong. How do I go about this so that I am not the victim and paying $1,500 out of my pocket when I'm not the one that damaged the unit. It's just so frustrating please help I am at my wit's end. There must be some legal route I can take .

Asked on 8/22/22, 1:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

The insurance company is not obligated to pay anything the policy does not agree to pay in the event of a breakdown. You need to find out what company employed the technician who did the faulty wiring and demand they pay the permit and take them to small claims if they refuse.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/22, 8:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California