Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

Can an attorny apply pressure toward my auto insurance company for them to make a decision to total out y car? It's been over 30 days now and they are still unable to get a repair estimate due to the damage done to my car. Problem is the ignition was destroyed, there is no key and then the smoke damage to interior. 6 different repair shops have refused the car. No way to learn the extent of the damage without key and even if they got a key the ignition switch is damaged plus there may be hidden damage to wiring where the fire was lite. Through some research I have determined the interior smoke damage ( replacing interior) will cost close to $6000. Then there is the hidden damage which can not be determined until ignition is repaired. A tangled mess. Meanwhile I am renting a car at my own expense for 30 days now. Need them to just total the car. Need HELP


Asked on 2/12/22, 11:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Yes, an attorney could apply pressure if you're willing to pay for it.

Read more
Answered on 2/13/22, 10:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California