Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

My brother ( a mentally uncompatant) met a man at 711 and invited him to his house. He felt bad because the man said he had been kicked out of his home. The man had no money. My brother said he could stay the night. The man had applied for social security prior to meeting my brother. My brother told him he could stay untill he started getting his money. Without his knowledge he used my brothers address for his SSI even though he was already told he could not . A little over a month has gone by and the man is collecting money from SSI. My brother asked when he planed to leave and he told him if he wanted him out he would have to evict him and that he has rights to be there. How does my brother go about getting this man out of his house. He lives in yucca valley ca

Asked on 11/07/21, 2:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

If your brother is legally mentally incompetent (rather than just your opinion) contact your county Adult Protective Services for help. Otherwise the guy is right that your brother will have to take legal action, although the guy is wrong that he has any right to be there.

Read more
Answered on 11/09/21, 9:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California