Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I was assaulted by my 2 building managers and ther friends I have the police report and video of everything what can I do

Asked on 2/07/24, 7:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Well, you have already reported it to police. If they believe your 'victim' claims about the situation over the claims of the 'perps', and submit it to the DA for prosecution, and if the DA files criminal charges, then you will cooperate as a 'victim' with the DA. If the perps plead or are found guilty at trial, the court may order restitution of your provable medical and other financial out of pocket costs.

Now, if you actually. have significant medical expenses for treatment of your injuries, you can also consider filing a PI case against the perps, and possibly against the building owners and management. You probably have two years from 'incident' to bring that PI case, but you should consult with an experienced PI attorney now to discuss the merit and value of that case, and the proper strategy and costs.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/24, 8:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California