Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I was aware that new supervisor had unethical (not illegal) practices not according to company policy. I had been the HR Director of this institution for 1.7 years. I informed the supervisor of company policy. In retaliation, he terminated me without any warning, with immediate effect, and locked me out of company email. The termination letter said I was fired for cause (6 reasons given that I was never informed before). Before this termination, I had a spotless and a progressive upward mobility track record of 25 years with other sister institutions of the same not-for-profit organization. This termination has led to severe mental trauma and anguish, public humiliation within this large organization and has made it very difficult for me to seek similar positions for the past 7 months because I am not actively employed. My employment is at-will (California) but can I sue them for character defamation since the termination was for cause which are untrue?

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

Personal consultation is needed. BTW, you have a limited time within which to double a claim with governmental entity, 1 Year. So, don't delay.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California