Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Personal Injury. What other records from prior chiropractic and acupuncture treatment can you provide to me so we can compare how XX was pre-accident (June to September 2023) to post-accident? XX mentioned she has been seeing chiropractors and acupuncturist since she was 10 years old.

Am I required to provide this information to the insurance agent? How would I respond to the 10 year old when XX is 21 years old. Nothing major which neck and back pains.

Asked on 2/16/24, 8:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Well you can cooperate and provide whatever records you have of pre and post accident medical treatment, the insurance company will evaluate the extent to which the accident caused further or new injury and make a settlement offer, or you can refuse and the insurance company will deny the claim as a pre-existing condition. Then you will have to hire a lawyer to sue for the accident, the attorney for the insurance company will send formal legal demands for the information, and you can provide it then, or continue to refuse in which case the court will eventually sanction you first with a fine and then by throwing out the case, or you can provide the information in the lawsuit, settle the claim, and the lawyer takes 1/3 to half.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/24, 10:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California