Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Question about illegal recording. I have a chronic issue with a house mate. She has a cat that attacks other cats. Her cat attacked mine and I confronted her and raised my voice. This was in he house. She recorded me with her phone. I told her I thought this was illegal and multiple times told her she does not have permission to record me. This was witnessed by another house mate. Should I file a police report? Do I have legal redress for this violation?

Asked on 10/22/21, 6:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Yes it is illegal. Good luck getting the police, much less the DA, to do anything about it.

Read more
Answered on 10/23/21, 2:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California