Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I was riding my motor assisted bicycle and a lady decided pull out in front of me attempting to make a u turn causing me to crash into her vehicle causing me to fly over the car and causing my severe damage to my bike and cell phone and causing bruising a a lasceration to myself i was wondering if i have a case

Asked on 7/19/16, 1:57 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Worth Robert J. Worth , Professional Law Corporation

Although you did no indicate whether you were going straight, turning yourself or changing lanes, I n California a driver cannot make a u-turn within 200 feet of another vehicle, regardless of where the other vehicle is (approaching from the opposite direction or even driving adjacent that vehicle such as you). I represented a rider on a motorcycle who had the same thing happen but in that case there were catastrophic injuries requiring surgeries. You were lucky that you did not have more serious injuries. Regards. Robert Wort (818) 222-2433

Read more
Answered on 7/19/16, 6:50 am
Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

You seem to be saying you had the right of way and the other party made a U-turn in front of you. If that is correct, then you do have a case against the other party.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/16, 7:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California