Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

can I sue a motel owner that kept a photocopy of a persons id (without my acknowlgment) after that person had checked out from motel (no longer at the motel) the owner rented out to a different person NOT ME using that photocopy they had made (i didnt know/i didnt give permisson). owner had told other guest that i owed property damage due to other person they had rented to and that if i was seen on property that i need to pay $250 and if i was seen in the guest room that they had said this to they also would have to check out out and leave permisses. can i please get any info, that owner still has a photocopy of my id i dont know what else they are using my information for. is there anything i can do about this

Asked on 12/24/21, 6:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

You can sue to get an injunction requiring them to stop using the ID and destroy copies, but you would have to pay a lawyer to do that. Unless you have actually lost money because of it you can’t sue for money damages.

Read more
Answered on 12/25/21, 10:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California