Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in California

I was living and taking care of a family friend about a year ago. The male neighbor was a long time friend of "my friend" and would often stop by to chat. He started by saying very inappropriate things to me when no-one was around and then one afternoon came walking right threw the back door(when my friend had just left and this guy had seen him leave but he pretended to be looking for him) He grab me and thrust his private parts against me and pulled be forcefully towards him and tired to pull me into the bedroom. I yelled at him to leave me alone and he let me go but continued to try to get me to have sex with him. I told him to leave and he finally did. Then he continued the same behavior whenever he saw me alone. He would even walk into our house uninvited and come into my room without knocking. I didn't say anything at first to my friend cause the neighbors wife was so nice and she had just lost her sister and I didn't want to hurt her. But it got so overwhelming I had to speak up and I eventually moved out. He denies everything but has sense tried to accuse me of things that are totally false. After I told people the lady who used to clean my friends house said he used to make inapproicate remarks to her too.There's a lot more to this story but what can I do right now? Can I sue him for assault?

Asked on 12/23/16, 1:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

I'm sorry you had to go through that awful situation. You can sue for assault. You might also first contact law enforcement and see I they want to pursue it. If they do, then your assault civil claim would be stronger.

Read more
Answered on 12/24/16, 2:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in California