Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

Am I entitled to recover from my mother's estate money that I paid out of pocket to maintain her home.

such as untilities, insurance, property taxes, the new fence last year and or any $ I paid out for someone to come in and care for her when I had to go to work?

There is only the house minus what's owed & 4 siblings.

mom's SSI only just coverd the mortgage every month, I out of my pocket paid everything else.

so mom could stay in her home.

no help from siblings. ( zero zilch, nada)

am I entitled to recover anything out of pocket, before the estate is settled ?

and if so what & how do I do this?

Asked on 11/28/22, 2:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

It sounds like you are entitled to at least some reimbursement. Exactly for what and how much is beyond the scope of an internet Q&A. Contact the Probate Court self-help office for how to file your claim.

Read more
Answered on 11/29/22, 10:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California