Legal Question in Criminal Law in Colorado

If i was placed on dp for a crime. Can i have it expunged. I want to go ti school to be a nurse. And i feel that dream is over. I was arrested in Colorado. When I was 8 months pregnant. My husband called the police on me. I had caught him cheating and we had been arguing. He lied. He the keys from me so I couldn't leave and contacted the police. I was charged with dv and obstruction of telephone. I accepted deffered prosecution because I was scared I would loose at trial and wanted to get it over with before I had my baby. Since then he has continue to abuse me threaten me and use what happened against me. I have contacted police twice and reported him to his commander but they wouldn't believe me.he is in the army. I feel helpless and lost. I feel he has abuse me even with the system. I feel like I can't fight back because of what jappene. Is there anyway possible I can stop suffered prosecution and go to trial. And also if not can I ever get it expunged and if so how long do I have to wait before I can expunge it. I have been on dp 4 months already

Asked on 6/11/13, 9:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Damon Cassens Waters, Kubik, and Cassens

You can move to expunge a deferred prosecution the moment the deferred pros runs.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/13, 9:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Colorado