Legal Question in Criminal Law in Colorado

My grandson was charged with rape of a minor last Oct. The victim as 1-14 and grandson was 15-16. It is written in the charges that he is 4 yrs older than the victim. As you can see he was not. There is an adult also charged. The adult and the victim invited him to have sex. He was a virgin at that time. It took almost 9 months to sentence him so there was no speedy trial. My question is there anything that can be done to dismiss he sentence He got 2 yrs deferred so it will go away when he completes what the therapist and probation officer him o do. I am thankful it will not be on his record at all. Should we fight the sentence do to the errors of age or is it not worth it?

Asked on 8/19/16, 5:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Harkess Colorado Legal Solutions

This is something that should have been, and needs to be, discussed with his attorney. Without reviewing the case file, there is no way to know whether the charge he pled to was valid or not. You would need to get copies of all of the court documents and hire an attorney to review them all in order to get any useful advice.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/16, 8:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Colorado