Legal Question in DUI Law in Colorado

My boyfriend just got a DWAI in teller county, he blew a .05 on roadside and a .07 in jail. It was dark on an unfamiliar mountain road and they said they had calls stating he was weaving but did not state they saw it themselves. The cop commended him for how cooperative he was and now we are wondering do we need a lawyer? We are from out of state and would like to get this over with as quickly as possible. My boyfriend does not have a ton of money and is worried about paying a lawyer be because he doesn't have the money, I'm worried about him getting screwed trying to do it himself. What do we do ?

Asked on 5/17/14, 10:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Damon Cassens Waters, Kubik, and Cassens

You generally end up with a much better result with an attorney than without one. This is a criminal charge, and can carry long term consequences. A qualified and experienced attorney can find the errors and loopholes in your husbands case juch better than you can.

And a quick resolution does not always result in the best resolution.

Read more
Answered on 5/19/14, 6:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Colorado