Legal Question in DUI Law in Colorado


My high school daughter was offered and drank alcohol before school by another student. Later, she saw the student visibly drunk and was afraid he would get busted. She gave him her car keys and told him to stash the alcohol there. Later he was sent home for drunken behavior, suspended, but not ticketed.

His mother left my daughter's car keys at the office. When she went to pick them up, the school demanded to search her car (title is in my name) where they found the liquor in the trunk. She failed a breathalyzer test at .056. She received an MIP and was suspended. Yes, she deserves punishment but I'm concerned this might affect her college admissions and scholarship opportunities. She's an excellent student applying to top colleges and has no history of school misconduct or other arrests. suggestions?

Asked on 3/19/11, 9:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jason Savela The Savela Law Firm, PC

Boulder DA will likely offer a diversion program that will keep it off her record - go to the Boulder DA website and it will tell you more. If you want an attorney, I can help.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/11, 11:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Colorado