Legal Question in Family Law in Colorado

I am 17 years old and I live in colorado. When I was 16 my mom kicked me out and I had no contact with her for 3 months. I was placed back into her custody by police after they ran my name and I came back missing. I was at her house for 2 months then she kicked me out again. I lived in hotels that were payed for by the state for 30 days, then I was returned to her house. She kicked me out may 21 and I have not seen her for 5 months. I live with my girlfriend. Her mother has section 8 and we are trying to find a way to make me her dependant so she can keep her voucher. Would a power of attorney be enough to claim me? Or would she have to take me into her custody?

Asked on 9/23/16, 1:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Harkess Colorado Legal Solutions

Once you are in her physical custody for six months she can file for allocation of parental responsibilities.

Read more
Answered on 9/24/16, 5:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Colorado