Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Colorado

Disability Check

How can the child of a deceased mother cash her last disability check made payable to the mother. The bank won't cash it and the Disability agent won't reissue it in the child's name? The child has power of attorney.

Asked on 10/02/07, 5:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bernard Greenberg KOKISH & GOLDMANIS, P.C.

Re: Disability Check

You cannot cash the check. You can either become the Personal Representative of the estate or cash it using a Small Estate's Affidavit. You can obtain forms from the Denver Probate Court:

You should make sure the estate or you are entitled to the check. If not, you should return the check.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/07, 5:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Colorado