Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Colorado

I want to protest my late father's will. The executor has altered the will by wanting to pay himself and another party monies. They are not listed in the will. Only the executor and the beneficiaries which have not authorized him to do this. What are my legal rights.

Asked on 8/21/17, 2:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Murillo Mosaic Legal Partners LLC

A will contest is very complicated and you need a probate attorney to understand the options. Is this a will under Colorado law? If so, we don't have executors We have personal representatives (PR).

The PR has a right to reasonable compensation unless the will provided otherwise. So are you saying that the will did not allow compensation? By "listed" are you saying that the PR is not a beneficiary? If so, that does not matter. I can't understand what your second to last sentence means.

You need to retain a probate attorney, provide them the will and the probate file and then they can provide you legal advice on your rights.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/17, 2:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Colorado