Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Connecticut

I recently purchased a home and my Mother in law is now renting the home from me. In the meantime she is filing Bankruptcy and defaulting on a previous mortgage. The Bankruptcy lawyer says we owe her any money she spent on the house she is renting from us. She wanted the floors done and wall painted.

Do they have legal means to make us pay?

What about the security deposit. Can they take that?

Is there anything i should do to protect myself?

Asked on 9/09/19, 8:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dear Client,

Please pay for the question and I would be more than happy to help you. If you are having problems accessing the payment link, please contact me so I can activate the payment link on

Kindest regards,

Dr. Donna Kay Cindy Kakonge, BJ, MA, TESOL, LLB, EdD

Read more
Answered on 9/09/19, 8:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Connecticut