Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Connecticut

Do I have the right to file a lawsuit against a coworker who harasses me calling me a fag at the work place?

Asked on 10/08/17, 5:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

You have that right, however anyone can sue anyone else for anything. It does not necessarily mean they have an actionable claim. In your case there are certain steps you should take to further bolster your claim. First, you should alert your employer as to the harassment and see if the take any action. If it continues, do so again and see how the employer proceeds. Finally keep good records of all harassment and most importantly contact an employer who focuses on employment and discrimination law ASAP so that you can prepare accordingly. My office handles cases like this regularly and would be happy to consult with you further. Please consider calling us today. 203.870.6700

Read more
Answered on 10/12/17, 8:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Connecticut