Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Connecticut

received a summons credit card debt, I need to file an appearance I do not have a lawyer and don't believe I owe the whole amount. what can I do or how do I proceed

Asked on 2/23/17, 5:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

Depending on how the amount is being collected and by whom you may have legal recourse in the way of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. This is a federal law that is very concise and offers strict liability. I would be happy to discuss it with you at greater length. You have other options worth exploring as well. Debt negotiation and settlement may also be a very important part of completing this matter. If you would like to discuss this with us further, please contact us at 203. 870.6700.

Read more
Answered on 3/01/17, 12:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Connecticut