Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Connecticut

If I am commanded via court subpoena from a Florida court to knowingly or willingly divulge financial information of another person by supplying copies of this persons personal check, do I have to do that and is that legal?

Thank You

Asked on 1/19/19, 1:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

Someone who receives a subpoena related to a civil action or probate proceeding in another state or a foreign country and is not a party to that action or proceeding may serve a written objection on the person requesting the subpoena if the subpoena will cause such person undue or unreasonable burden or expense. The objection must be served on the person who issued the subpoena, the earlier of 15 days after being served with the subpoena or the date specified for compliance with the subpoena. Once such written objection has been made, the

issuer of the subpoena may not compel compliance, except pursuant to an order of the Superior Court.For more information, see Section 52 -148e(f)(2) of the Connecticut General Statutes. The provisions of this section do not apply to a civil action filed to recover damages resulting from personal injury or wrongful death in which it is alleged that such injury or death resulted from the professional malpractice of a health care provider or health care institution. Section 52 -148e(f)(3) of the Connecticut General Statutes

Read more
Answered on 2/04/19, 10:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Connecticut