Legal Question in Criminal Law in Connecticut

I received a "Misdemeanor Summons and Complaint" for Breach of Peace. I am in college and we had a party. When the police showed up everyone on the lease received the same summons. This was my first arrest. My court date is in a week and I was looking for help on how to approach this because I would like this to get cleared from my record.

Asked on 11/05/10, 7:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Wetmore The Law Office of Jonathan A. Wetmore

There are ways around a breach of peace and certain diversionary programs that you may be eligible for. The quickest and easiest disposition may be to arrange an agreement with the prosecutor where you plead to Creating a Public Disturbance. Creating a Public Disturbance or "CPD" is an infraction and not a criminal conviction.

You should consult with an attorney prior to entering any plea or going to court. The facts of every case are different and you should have a full understanding of your rights.

Jonathan Wetmore

The Law Office of Jonathan A. Wetmore

6 Huntington Street

Shelton, CT 06484

203-926-1756- Telephone

203-774-1100- Facsimile

[email protected] Email

Read more
Answered on 11/11/10, 6:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Connecticut