Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

How long should the other parent have in which to reimburse for childcare expenses? My divorce agreement does not state how long my ex has to reimburse me for covered child expenses such as medical co-pays and childcare. I send him the invoices quarterly (timing for this is also not defined in our Agreement, its just how often I send them). For the actual weekly child support I made sure the Agreement stated that it be withheld from his payroll and I receive that by direct deposit, so that part has not been an issue. I submit receipts for the medical and childcare co-pays and often wait months for reimbursement, without any contact as far as when to expect it, sometimes having to file Contempt after a couple attempts to collect it. It is rarely even $300.00 per quarter. What is the "expected" amount of time for reimbursement and should I just seek a Motion to Modify and try to have a timeframe specified, such as reimbursement within 30 or 45 days?

Asked on 12/07/17, 6:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

You should file a motion to modify to specify a deadline.

Read more
Answered on 12/07/17, 9:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut