Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

Hello. I have a question regarding child custody. My ex wife is moving about an hour away. She is remarried and has two young daughters. The move is to be closer to her husband's job. We have a 16 year old son together. We have had 50/50 visitation since he was 2. He has always gone to school in the town I live in. I know I am going to be having him more often starting in a few months. Do you have any suggestions? I usually get along with my ex but I don't know if I need to go back to court to change our arrangement. Thank you.

Asked on 2/12/19, 12:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

This sounds like a substantial change that negatively affects your parenting time with your son and where he goes to school. Your ex needs to modify the parenting plan that is presently in effect. If she is not willing to file a motion to modify before she moves, then you need to file a motion with the court that requests either you become the primary custodian of your son, or, she is not permitted to relocate.

Read more
Answered on 2/12/19, 1:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut