Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Connecticut

I retained an attorney to handle the closing on property which I owned in Connecticut. The closing was almost 3 weeks ago now, and I have yet to receive from the attorney which I retained, the money owed me from the sale/closing. I have contacted said attorney numerous times regarding the funds, and have not received any response (email, text or return call). The attorney has also failed to provide me with copies of the closing documents, which I should be able to have access to (I would imagine). Said attorney is withholding funds that belong to me! Having never been on the "selling" end of a closing before, I would imagine that the funds at closing were all allocated to pay fees and mortgages, and I should have received my portion long before now. I would imagine I could file a complaint with the bar association, but I would prefer to have my money owed before doing such.

Is there anyone I can contact or how best do I go about obtaining my funds?

Asked on 12/11/16, 12:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

My office would be interested in discussing this with you further and assisting you. Please give us a call on Monday. 203.870.6700

Read more
Answered on 12/11/16, 5:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Connecticut