Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Connecticut

My father, who is deceased, owns property in Turkey that is for sale. In order for me to proceed with the sale, the attorney in Turkey has asked for something called an inheritance document, although I have already shown them my birth certificate. Can you please tell me what this document is and how I can obtain one?

Asked on 3/23/12, 7:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Heffernan Heffernan Legal Group, LLP

When and where did your father die? If he died in Connecticut (or elsewhere in the US) a probate estate should have been opened for him. If he left you his property (particularly the property in Turkey) the Probate Court would have issued some document stating that. It is that document the attorney in Turkey is looking for.

Read more
Answered on 3/23/12, 8:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Connecticut