Legal Question in Workers Comp in Connecticut

I have a worker's comp case against my employer who denied me benefits. I have hired an attorney. They want to settle the case now after 19 months. Should I ask for my attorney fees to be paid by them?

Asked on 7/28/11, 7:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Aspell Law Office of James F. Aspell, PC

Your attorney is paid out of the settlement. (20%). Generally, the amount of the settlement is higher because everyone knows the lawyer has to get paid too.

In the American system, however, each party pays their own lawyer. It is handled as I stated above.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/11, 8:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Connecticut