Legal Question in Civil Litigation in District of Columbia

Wrote a question for a free answer a week ago. However you sent an e-mail stating it was a response to my orginal question. However when I tried to down load the answer there was no answer to my question. In case you lost track of my question I will restate it here. In my question a week ago I stated that there is a terminal box and a set of block wires attached to the back of my house.The wiring and box are connected to Verizon ,Comcast and Direct TV. 30 days ago Verizon attempted to enter my back yard and trouble shoot a neighbor's cable and phone system. We refused to allow them entry ( including the police who were with them). Writer went to recorder of deeds to see if an easement or implied easement existed. The officials there stated that the records are barren of any evidence of the existence of an easment.They also recommended that I seek an attorney. I have been in contact with each of the aforesaid Companies and requested removal of the device and wiring. I have also requested monetary compensation for the illegal trepass for the period of time they have been on my property. None of the companies have moved to resolve the issue.

I am seeking a legal advocate to represent me in this matter.

Asked on 9/08/10, 10:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

Although I am licensed to practice law in DC, I am physically located in Atlanta, Georgia. As such, I'm not the right person to help you. I would recommend that you call the District of Columbia Bar and request a referral for reasonably priced real estate litigator.

Best of luck.******The above is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client privilege.*******

Read more
Answered on 9/13/10, 11:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in District of Columbia