Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in District of Columbia

Estate and Real Property

My sisiter died at Hong Kong last--name removed--2008. She's a citizen of USA, resident of NYC. She has a husband also a citizen of USA. at NYC.There is no substantial asset requiring probate. She has no will. I live at a condo that was owned by my deceased sister, only her name is on the deed. My brother-in-law is willing to give me the condo. Where can I get help with this problem? My brother-in-law has done nothing in NYC about my sister's death. since she died at Hong Kong. I have very small Soc Sec to live on.

Asked on 7/16/09, 3:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Werner werner law group

Re: Estate and Real Property

A little more info would be needed. Your condo is located in DC ? your sister and now her husband lives in NYC? did you have a written agreement with your sister? you would need to have the estate probated it can be done in dc the property is here , does your sister and her husband have other property. e-mail me with more info and I could better say what should be done.

[email protected]

1629 K st. NW # 300 , washington , dc 20006

Read more
Answered on 7/16/09, 4:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in District of Columbia