Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in District of Columbia

Custody of Child After Parents Death

I need to know if it is possible, even though I am married and living with my husband, to draw up a will providing instructions on who will take legal guardianship of my daughter in the event both my husband and I pass away at the same time? He is unwilling to make a decision as to whom should be given this responsibility, but I am scared that if we don't make a decision now...our parents would fight this battle in court about custody of their grandchild.

Asked on 6/12/09, 2:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: Custody of Child After Parents Death

I would suggest that you take this matter up with a local attorney who is experienced in probate as well as family law matters and who should be able

to guide you along a resonable course of action to resolve this particular issue.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/09, 12:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in District of Columbia