Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida


How can I protect myself from losing my home.

Asked on 4/07/02, 4:11 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Janet Langjahr Law Office of Janet Langjahr PA

Re: Foreclosures

From whom? In general, in Florida, if you own the home you live in, that home is protected by homestead from all creditors except your mortgage lender. To invoke homestead protection, you must file an affidavit with the court.

Read more
Answered on 4/07/02, 8:41 pm
Peter Gonzalez Sanchez-Medina, Gonzalez, Quesada, Lage, Crespo, Gomez & MachadoLLP

Re: Foreclosures

If you have not paid the mortgage, then the mortgage lender can pursue foreclosure. If you're trying to protect your home from a party other than the mortgage lender, seek the advice of counsel regarding homestead exemption under Florida law. One's homestead is protected from known creditors. Why do you think O.J. Simpson moved to Florida. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/08/02, 11:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida