Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Florida

My Mother passed away without a will or power of attorney. Her home was in a reverse mortgage in her name only. My brothers and I have received a summons naming each of us as a Defendent in the Foreclosure of her home. I want nothing to do with this and want my name removed from this lawsuit. It states I may respond in writting. Is it as simple as that or do I need an Attorney to file? I am retired and have limited income. Thank you, Virgil Self in Florida

Asked on 10/15/12, 8:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm

You can contact the petitioner's attorney and inform them you do not wish to contest the foreclosure and that you will sign a release or settlement agreement. The attorney for the foreclosure will probably be happy to draft one for you.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/12, 1:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Florida