Legal Question in Business Law in Florida

Briefly, I have been selling high priced products for another small two person owned company since 2009. In 2014, they essentially stopped paying me commissions. Since I developed a friendship with the own and foolishly trusted him, I continued selling his products. Originally he had financial issues but for the past 2 years, refused to address the non-payment of the commissions. I have various documents that show he wanted me to sell his products with the intention of paying me a commission. I really don't have a legal, written contract with him so do I have an legal recourse to securing the commissions owed (roughly $50k) ?


Asked on 9/12/19, 11:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Stewart Law Offices of Michael D. Stewart

You very well could have a claim but you have to watch out for the statute of limitations to bring a lawsuit running out. The documents you have can evidence a contract and the breach is the non-payment of the commissions.

Very truly yours,    

/Michael D. Stewart/


Law Offices of Michael D. Stewart

The Chase Bank Building

150 SE 2nd Ave., Suite 1000, 10th Floor

Miami, Florida 33131

email:  [email protected]

1-305-590-8909 Telephone


1-305-415-9920 Facsimile

Website:                     http://www.gotpersonalinjury.comTwitter:

Admitted to practice in New York and Florida, State and Federal Courts

This communication is intended solely for the use of the intended individual or entity and may contain information that is protected by the attorney-client privilege and/or work product.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it.  It is strictly prohibited to disseminate, distribute or copy this communication. If you do not wish to receive further email from this address simply respond to this email indicating this.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/19, 11:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Florida