Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

My ac unit was installed for $5200(that's includes everything includes permit). Then it failed the county inspection, it needs a # 8 wire instead of #10. AC company Hired an electrician and said that my electrical panel it needs to be upgrade from 200 amps Sylvania to 200 amps BR before he install the required wire due to my current panel is a fire hazard. The question is who is responsible for the cost of the new panel. PS. 200 amps sylvania to 200 amps BR, it seem there is no changes

Asked on 8/15/17, 7:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Levi Wilkes Levi Lawrence Wilkes, Attorney-at-Law, PLLC

You'll need an attorney to review the contract and the outcome of the inspectors determination to give an accurate opinion on whom the cost of the new panel installation should be charged to. Attorneys however cost money so you'll want to figure out how much this new box is going to cost beforehand to know if its worth it to you and/or an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/17, 7:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida