Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

Hi! I have a record from over 20 years ago that I want removed. I've tried, but some of the information that I'm being asked for doesn't even exist anymore, according to the court records. The record shows up when I'm fingerprinted. But no other information shows up. Please advise.

Asked on 4/15/20, 1:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Trabin Lucid Legal, PLLC

Depending on your history and the type of charge this was, it may be eligible for sealing. Sometimes Clerks destroy old files and records which can make getting your case sealed or expunged very difficult. In the past I have had success getting FDLE to authorize a sealing or expunction when they are provided with certified documentation from the Clerk that no other records exist. It's worth trying.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/20, 1:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida