Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

How can I keep my child from her violent father?

Currently my child's father is on trial

for murder and aggravated battery

towards his other child. DCF has

told me multiple times that there is

a high change that since it is a jury

trial and he has mastered the art of

looking timid and pitiful that he will

be found not guilty, since he claims

it was all just an accident. Even if

he is convicted DCF doubts his

parental rights to my daughter will

be terminated. I need to know what

I can legally do to prevent any

visitation from her father, can I get

a restraining order while he is in

jail? Can I file for sole custody while

he is in jail. I need to know all of my

options. Please, any help would be


Asked on 6/23/09, 8:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

Re: How can I keep my child from her violent father?

What idiot at DCF can predict the outcome of a criminal trial and thinks a murder conviction won't result in termination of his parental rights?

Please stop listening to DCF right away and get a lawyer to file a petition for sole custody. Keep this child killer away from your daughter.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/09, 2:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida