Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

my childs father forced me to sign a parenting plan that he no longer follows. he is supposed to pay half of everything but wont and leaves me with her more than 70% of the time. in the parenting agreement he made me sign that neither party gets child support. but because i have her so often I cant survive. what should i do?

Asked on 12/11/19, 2:10 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

You need to see a local family law attorney IMMEDIATELY! The "Agreement" is probably totally void, in Florida neither parent can waive child support, support is the child's right and the only person who can set or waive child support is a Judge. It is also possible the Father owes from the tinme you had the Agreement to the present. The ball is in your court.

Read more
Answered on 12/12/19, 6:14 am
Alan Wagner Wagner, McLaughlin & Whittemore P.A.

Get a lawyer; move to modify parental plan; move for support.

Read more
Answered on 12/12/19, 6:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida