Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

i was married to an egyptian american and we got a baby girl in Florida. ( i m egyptian)

We divorced in Egypte since 9 years, my daughter and i are living Egypte .

He never paid the child support in Egypte . i want to know if i have the right to sue him in USA for the payment of the child support and also to ask for the increase of the amount ' cause in Egypte they give very low amount fo rthe child support.

Best regards


Asked on 11/22/19, 11:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

You need to domesticate the foreign (Egyptian) Judgment in Florida. Once the Florida approves the domestication then you may Petition for an increase in Child Support. This is a complicated process, recommend you speak with a local Family Law attorney.

Read more
Answered on 11/22/19, 4:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida