Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am custodial parent on a DOR case. Been to court a few times now because non custodial parent didn't follow order. The Hearing Officer keeps siding with the non-paying, very delinquent, non-custodial parent. The other parent was recently advised that there's a sizeable delinquency and to "pay when he can". Is this typical of the Florida Court System? How do I get moving again?

Asked on 4/09/14, 5:20 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

Time Sharing and Child Support are totally separate in Florida. The court recognizes you cannot get blood from a stone.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/14, 6:17 am
John Smitten Carey and Leisure

You can try to increase the pressure on the paying parent by asking that he be in contempt, arrested, etc.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/14, 9:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida