Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My ex-wife moved out of the state of Florida without legal consent from a judge or from me and now I find out that she is trying to change my childrens last name to her maiden name. I pay child support and I have legal documents saying that I have visitation rights. Is any of this legal?

Asked on 5/24/11, 11:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

Approximately how long ago did she relocate?

How did you find out about her attempting to change the children's last name?

If you want to enforce your visitation rights, I suggest pursuing a Motion to Compel/Enforcement.

You might also want to pursue litigation for her to return the children to Florida.

How old are the children?

If she is attempting to frustrate your relationship with the children, you may want to seek custody.

If you opt to proceed without the assistance of counsel, be aware that you will not be entitled to a �do over� if things go badly.

The above information is provided without any consideration/payment having been received, and without full knowledge of all of the facts.

An internet inquiry is no substitution for an in-office consultation with an attorney.

If your situation falls within the Greater Tampa Bay area, I would be happy to schedule you for a no obligation half hour office consultation. The main office is in Dunedin, with a satellite location in Tampa.

Feel free to Google me.

Good Luck, Elliot Goldstein

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

1587 Main St., Ste. C

Dunedin, FL 34698

Tele. No.: 727/455-6596

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

550 N. Reo St. Ste. 300

Tampa, FL 33609

Tele. No.: 813/810-1500

Read more
Answered on 5/24/11, 11:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida