Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

my husband had an affair which resulted in a child. the mother will be getting child support soon. I wanted to know is there anything (legal) that I can do as a spouse to affect the amount of the child support payment since my husband and I also have a child and household to support and the fact that the child was a product of infidelity. I also wanted to know if there is any thing legal that i could do to prohibit (discreet or behind my back) communication and contact between him and the woman since my husband and I have decided to stay together.

Asked on 5/26/11, 12:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carolyn Jones Law Office of Carolyn R. Jones

First I am sorry you are dealing with this this must be very hard for you. That being said child support will be based on the income of your husband and the woman he had the affair with. Your income will not be factored into the equation. As for communication your husband will be able to communicate with the child and and about the child and as the child grows older that communication will probably be more with the child . Unfortunately legally you cannot keep your husband from inquiring about the well being of the child. You should talk with your husband and see if he''s willing to keep his communication to writing until the child is old enough to communicate. Not sure if this is relevant since don't know the child's age. If you want to talk about more options you can give me a call for a consultation.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/11, 6:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida