Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

The other parent isn't paying support. The court won't hold other parent in contempt or suspend license. Can I take the order to the sheriff and have car seized and sold to pay against what is owed? The car is worth about $5000 and arrears are way more than that.

Asked on 4/10/14, 5:33 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

I recommend you speak with an attorney / legal aid office in your county. Something doesn't seem right.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/14, 6:15 am
John Smitten Carey and Leisure

You have to get the judgment reduced to a writ of execution first, Contact a lawyer for that purpose.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/14, 9:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida