Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am in the process of divorcing my husband from September 2012..he refuse to sign the papers..I left New York and moved to Florida to take care of my aging mom..we have three adult sons, 20, 25, youngest is in college..he has refused to help me in any way..we purchase a car for our 25 year old while he was in college..when I left my husband..he insisted that my son give back the's in my husband's name..and I paid the down payment for he is allowing his girlfriend to drive the car and I think he has a separate insurance for there something that I can do about this..he has access to everything and is giving me nothing..and making it hard to get this divorce.

Asked on 2/03/14, 10:19 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

You do not have to have him sign any papers, just get a summons and get him served to get the case moving. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659

Read more
Answered on 2/04/14, 2:59 am
Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

Why did you think a dissolution of marriage would be easy? Until you have been in Florida 181 days a Florida court has no jurisdiction; if you wish to proceed immediately you will have to file in New York.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/14, 5:41 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Since he was never in Fla. you will need to bring an action in NY to get in personam jurisdiction over him and alimony. Fla. could merely give a marriage dissolution.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/14, 7:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida