Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Dear Sir/Madam:

Last Friday 01/31/14, we received notice that there will be a hearing on Thursday 02/06/14, brought my our son/step-son's father in Florida. This will be to consider a Motion for Temporary Custody, a Motion to Prevent Removal of Child, and Denial of Passport Services. However, we are out of state and cannot afford to get back to Florida. We also cannot afford a lawyer.

Therefore, what can we do? How do we inform the Judge that we cannot be there? How do we file a response?

Thank you in anticipation.

Asked on 2/03/14, 8:54 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Call the Judge's assistant. You may also wish to appear by phone.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/14, 9:04 am
John Smitten Carey and Leisure

You have to contact the court to appear by phone and you are suposed to file a motion first. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659-

Read more
Answered on 2/03/14, 9:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida