Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

If my ex got a raise can I pay less alimony?

Asked on 6/02/15, 2:39 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Possibly. Depends on prior proceedings and the amount of the raise.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/15, 2:54 pm
Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

Possibly, but as Mr. Slater stated, it depends upon the amount of the raise. If alimony was agreed to, and designated as "non-modifiable", then you might be up the creek without a paddle. Even if a reduction is justified, it would have to be pursued via a Supplemental Petition For Modification. At least consult with an experienced family law attorney.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/15, 2:59 pm
John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Possibly. more information would help. A raise of substantial nature would help you a lot.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/15, 5:18 pm
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

It really would depend on the final judgment wording. It the final judgment does not state NON-Modifiable then yes you could file for a supplemental petition for modification.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/15, 6:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida