Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

how can i get visitation right to my daughter when i am not on the birth certificate and i haven't seen her at all.

Asked on 11/09/11, 10:05 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Until you establish paternity in court , you can't.

Read more
Answered on 11/09/11, 10:27 am
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

File a petition for paternity and visitation.

Read more
Answered on 11/09/11, 10:44 am
Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

You need to establish your paternal rights through the Court.

Be aware that once you establish your paternal rights, you will likely be responsible for child support.

If you opt to proceed without the assistance of counsel, be aware that you will not be entitled to a “do over” if things go badly.

The above information is provided without any consideration/payment having been received, and without full knowledge of all of the facts.

An internet inquiry is no substitution for an in-office consultation with an attorney.

Contact me to schedule a no obligation half hour office consultation.

Feel free to Google me.

Sincerely, Elliot Goldstein

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

1587 Main St., Ste. C

Dunedin, FL 34698

Tele. No.: 727/455-6596

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

550 N. Reo St. Ste. 300

Tampa, FL 33609

Tele. No.: 813/810-1500

Read more
Answered on 11/09/11, 11:15 am
Gregory Buckley Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law

As stated previously, you need to file a Pettion to Establish Paternity and for Other Relief. Once paternity is established, you will be in position to get a time-sharing/visitation schedule set up.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/11, 11:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida