Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida


I am being filled for, papers submitted along with my siblings. I was married but now divorced. My siblings paper work are coming through, will mine take much longer when I change my relationship status to single?

Asked on 6/02/20, 11:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

I would need more information. If you are in the U.S. & out of status, over 21 & your parent is not a U.S. citizen, then you may not even be eligible to adjust status.

Generally, you would need to notify the Agency that has jurisdiction over your case, to apprise them of your divorce.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/20, 5:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida