Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

Hey!! I have a question to ask you. I'm so sorry to be bothering you with this so early. My cousin married this Polish citizen about 2 years ago now in May and she has her temporary green card. She now wants to file for divorce because the marriage never worked out. Their marriage was never consummated as she wanted to get married in the church and when my cousin tried to speak to a Priest to get it all set up, she would delay. My cousin ended up getting very ill (neurological disorders along with liver issues and high blood pressure. he's just steps away of a heart attack). She now says she doesn't want to be with him because of his sickness and because he's out of a job. His health declined because of her. Yes they have argued and he verbally aggressive to her because #1 she never did her part as a wife to include sleeping in the same room or even showing him an ounce of compassion during his sick times. #2 she has also humiliated both privately and publicly. #3. He has NEVER touched her. She now wants to file for divorce. She only came here for a green card because we are suspecting she has someone (we don't have concrete information on her infidelity but there is doubt). What should he do? Report this to USCIS? I don't want him to get into any trouble because he was doing his part and respecting her but sadly she had other alterior motives.

Asked on 5/18/18, 4:42 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Maud Poudat Law Offices of Maud Poudat, P.A


Thank you for inquirying.

For these kinds of cases we recommend looking for an attorney that specializes in Family Law.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/18, 7:59 am
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

With regards to immigration fraud, he can report it to USCIS, but is unlikely at this point that the USCIS will investigate. I think he needs to file for annulment or divorce & get over the immigration aspect of his wife's case & move on with his life.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/18, 8:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida